Sunday, July 20, 2008

Here's An Update...

The large purple orchid I started ended up being frogged, because I've decided that I need to do it in three threads and not the standard two... And while I love the idea of doing it, I've been focused on smaller projects, because ripping out that many stitches made me very unhappy...

So, here's the two I've finished in the past couple of weeks... I actually took these on the bus with me a few days, and received some of the strangest looks from people... I've also been working on my Johnny Depp monochromatic, and another project designed to make me feel like a princess... Because I deserve to feel that way, dammit... Pictures will follow on those eventually... ;)

In addition to these, I have my next few projects planned out, including several for christmas that I have to begin soon, as well as a pair of geishas and the purple orchid, culminating with the beginning of "The Fortunate Traveler" in the new year... I already have the evenweave, which makes me nervous, because I have never used that fabric before... However, I understand the over-one and -two threads concept, so hopefully that will go relatively smoothly...

So, here's my "Wish Upon A Star" bear, from a CrossStitcher magazine... It was a free kit that came with the magazine last year, I think... As well as a DayDream's kit I picked up from the Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago... It is currently hanging on my wall... I am quite pleased with how they've both turned out...

No comments: