Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Exotic Orchid Finished...





I have a story to tell... It's mostly a tale of frustration... Not much action, unless you call me glowering at things action...


I started this piece in January... Well, really it was December... I had decided after a false-start to stitch it with three strands instead of two because there were major coverage issues with two... I had the same threads I had previously bought, which was approximately a year before... They were Anchor... They were purchased so far in advance because I had always planned on doing this as a companion piece for the Stargazer flower I had stitched... I got so far, and ran out of thread... The second darkest purple... I ran to the local Wal-Mart to pick up some more, and they didn't have any!!! Well, okay, I had other stuff to stitch on it, and hopefully they would restock it soon... Well, no... Over a month after I finished everything else, they finally got the colour I needed... And it was the wrong dye lot!!! Seriously, I was going to cry... I was expecting this pretty blue-purple thread and it was this pink-tinged thing... So, I gave up... I put the cross stitch away for awhile, because I didn't know what I was going to do... Yesterday, I was looking for new threads for a new project, and I looked, and there were two different colours in the slot for 109... One, the unneeded pink-tinged thing, and the other my pretty blue-purple thread...


I bought three skiens...


I think I'm gonna switch to DMC...

No comments: