Saturday, September 30, 2017

Small Pseudo Victories...

I have been buying a lot of clothing lately... Like, a lot! (I seriously need to stop)...

Here is what I have discovered...

1. I can fit into a size 3x winter coat that I found at Winners... I have NEVER been able to fit into torso-clothing at Winners... I stopped looking at pants there a long time ago; I found they always had too much butt... Let me specify: I have next to no ass... It is flat...

2. I can fit into a size 11/12 jean at Maurices... Granted, I have a pair of their jeans size 18 that is hanging in my closet, tags still on, that I can't button... I have also thrown away size 18 jeans from them because they were falling off of me... *shrugs*... (The pair that I can't button is being donated away; too much leg room)...

3. Size 2x sweaters from Pennington's in the athletic styles fit me well... And they had a customer appreciation sale last night...

I've been buying to fit me lately, not the size I think I should fit into... This has led to me trying on things that I would never have thought I'd fit into, and being happily surprised; and then being annoyed at being happily surprised, because I know I am not defined by my clothing size... It also highlights that size isn't standard across the board, even for plus-sized people... I should fit neatly into a 3x everything, and depending on the store or even the style within the store, it can range wildly... At Wal-Mart I can still fit what they call a 4x...

There's always been issues with me finding things that fit me that I like... I'm almost 35, and I want to wear fun things... Plain-Jane has never really been my style... I like pop-culture references, grunge, pops of colour... I still CAN wear fun things, but it's a little easier to find those options in the real world now that I've downsized...

(Yes, I know there's way more options in the internets, and I have purchased things online, but I like to try stuff on before it comes home with me!)

Here is a story that I saw on Facebook this morning... https://www.littlethings.com/jeans-sizes-differences/?utm_source=iheart

Update: Now between 260 and 265 pounds... I use a range because it fluctuates based on so many factors...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

According to Stanford Medical, It's in fact the ONLY reason women in this country get to live 10 years more and weigh on average 42 pounds less than we do.

(And realistically, it is not about genetics or some secret-exercise and EVERYTHING to do with "HOW" they eat.)

BTW, I said "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

Tap this link to see if this brief test can help you decipher your true weight loss possibility

NIdhi said...

I have seen that every person wants to express his feelings but he is not able to express his feelings properly in words but the content you have written in your post is very beautiful, it seems that you have expressed your feelings is expressed. Hi, you are a very beautiful post writer, similarly keep writing new posts in your life, our best wishes are with you. VIP girl mahipalpur
college girl aerocity
Cheap price girls gurgaon
low price girls sector 29
gurugram Girl phone number
Bhiwadi Real Photos Girl
Manesar VIP Photos Girl
Naughty Girl Gurugram
VIP Girl Gurugram