Thursday, December 2, 2010

Goals for the Month of December, 2010...

1. Finish the "Nova Scotian Tartan Map"... It's a gift for my aunt for Christmas (she also received another cross-stitch for Christmas a couple of years ago, the "Winter Hideaway" Dimensions piece)... I feel the need to explain something about this piece... I gave my parents a finished cross-stitch of this while they were visiting me in Newfoundland... When I came home to Ontario at the beginning of September, it took me a couple of days to ask where they put it... Apparently, when they were cleaning the rental car in Newfoundland, they accidently threw it out with some bags... I've since had them purchace the chart packs for this and the "Cape Breton Tartan Map" (Dad liked them both a lot), and all the threads required to stitch them, and sometime in the near future I will stitch it for them again... Until then, this piece is for my father's sister, who took me in for a whole month back in 2008 and put up with my crazy ways... Finished December 9th, 2010...

2. Finish "Beguiling Tiger"... This has traveled with me across the country several times, but I just haven't felt like working on it, so it has languished in the 3/4's done state...

3. Finish "Joy Kitty"... I did some work on this in October, but I got distracted by the roses... Finished December 11th, 2010...


I work very near an up-scale coffee shop, which is managed by my mother actually... I tend to show up there at scarily early hours, to have breakfast and wake up properly... I have been making it a habit to take a cross-stitch with me to work on, because I'm usually there several hours before my shift starts... For instance, tonight I started work at 5pm, and I showed up at 2pm for coffee... I'm finding that this is really helping the progress of my stitching... And that there are lots of people in my community who think what I'm doing is awesome... Instant ego boost... :)

No comments: