Friday, January 17, 2014

Goals for the Year of 2014!

My year last year was a crazy combination of all things life...

Work was successful and stressful, with getting my Regulation for Pharmacy Technician in April, and I am now able to take prescriptions verbally, process transfers, and check physical components of medications... I have many new responsibilities, and while sometimes frustrating, I do love my job...

I vacationed in Newfoundland yet again in the summer, spending a week in my hometown and then a week in St. John's... We watched many of movies, went on a boat tour with whale watching, and visited Signal Hill and Cape Spear (Where I went missing for over an hour with no cell phone signal. There were things to see!!!)...

I also spent some time in Ottawa last year, and managed to see my first NHL game live... It was terrifying, and not just because of all the Leaf's fans... Those seats in the upper levels are high and steep!!!

There was shopping in London and in the states to be had...

There were seasons of television to be watched with good friends, Lannisters to cheer and zombies to yell at... I made cookies to eat while enjoying the zombie apocalypse, for 8 weeks in a row...

I had a tooth extracted after I broke it on a bagel... Not the root-canal tooth, a wisdom tooth... I also had an emergency filling in the spring when I couldn't take the pain of a cavity anymore and had been up all night with the hurt... Both dentists were fantastic...

A friend came up to visit for 2 weeks, and I'm sure he had a good time...

New glasses... I love my new glasses...

Debts were paid down massively, and I have almost finished paying off one of my credit cards... It has been a year since I have received a phone call advising me of delinquent status of anything... I think that is my biggest accomplishment of all, and I am very proud of it...

I came out of last year better then I went into it... Things were busy and good...

But I want this year to be better...

1. Blog! Yeah, that's right... Blog! It's been about a year, and I've been horribly remiss... I probably don't have anybody to even blog for anymore, it's been so long... But, forget that, I can blog for me, as a record of the things I've done... Now, to just do it!

2. Do more stuff! I'm a homebody at heart... I love sitting in my comfy chair by my fireplace, reading a good book... That needs to change... I am 31 years old, and I'm feeling like I need to get out more... A lot more! Not that there's anything wrong with what I've been doing, but I have friends, and I need to see them more often then I have been... At the end of the month I will be going to see a National Theatre production of Coriolanus (taped production at the movie theatre, but still, awesome), and at the beginning of March I will be going to see Imagine Dragons live in Toronto... In addition, I am saving up some money to take a trip to Australia to visit a good friend who's been down there for more then 2 years already, if that's this year or next who knows... So, yeah... The year is looking up already...

3. Stitch more! I finished 1 project last year... And it's not the project you think... It was a small Christmas ornament that I made as a thank-you for a co-worker... It took 2 days... The rest of the year was spent not-stitching... So, this year, I want to finish 3 WIP's, and get started on a large project that's sitting in my stash...

I think that's it for the moment... Wish me luck! :D

No comments: