Thursday, January 29, 2009

Spring Break # 1...

Sunday I was helping my brother move... Well, it was more like helping his girlfriend... Don't get me wrong... I love the girl to death, but she has way too much shit... I am not kidding... There were two storage units worth of boxes, and we moved the vast majority of them into the basement of a townhouse on the south side of the city that day... As well as a heavy-ass sectional couch, the kitchen table (*CRIES!!!!!*), and various large bookcases... Not fun!



So, safe to say I was sleepy Sunday night... And of course, I ignored the fact that I had an early shift at work the next day... What did I then do at 10 pm-ish? Pull out Summer Break, organize the whole bloody thing and stitch a quick 10 X 10 block to see what it looked like on the fabric... Yes, I never said I was smart...




This is not that 10 x 10 block... This is more like 1200 stitches... It's sad to say that so much work produces such a little thing... And to think I still have about 41,000 stitches to go? At least there's no backstitch or specialties... I think that would break me... Much like many boxes broke my back on Sunday... But I do like it's smudgy quality... Like watercolouring painting...





By the way... "Teardrop" by Massive Attack... Yes, it's the House theme song, but it's a bloody good track... Go download it now...

No comments: